Africa Flow Chemistry Overview
Africa is a fully automated, flexible and easy-to-use microreactor flow system. The Africa system allows R&D chemists working in discovery and process development to accelerate compound synthesis and reaction optimization.
- Walk away synthesis: Fully automated hardware is controlled by the Africa software to enable unattended runs. Reagents are injected and products are collected automatically.
- Faster reactions: Increase reaction rates over 100 fold by superheating reactions significantly above reflux e.g. dichloromethane to 100°C, acetonitrile to 150°C and water to 170°C.
- Cleaner reactions: Reduced impurities via excellent, reproducible reaction control and optional use of solid phase reagents/catalysts/scavengers.
- Inline aqueous work-up: The Flow Liquid Liquid Extraction Module (FLLEX) enables two immiscible phases to be mixed and separated in flow, immediately following the reaction.
- Online analysis: A sample of reaction mixture can be taken, diluted and analyzed by HPLC in an entirely automated fashion.
- Scale-up: Production rates up to kg overnight.
- Automated LogP / LogD analysis: Excellent correlation with shake flask method.
- Rapid development: Reaction time, temperature and equivalents can be rapidly varied using mg of substrate.
- Reactions not possible with batch synthesis: Extremely quick reaction times, reagent additions, temperature changes and quenches are possible.
- Automated blockage protection: Pressure sensors continually monitor every flow channel.
- Wide temperature range: Heat reactions up to 250°C or cool down to 0°C.
- Chemically resistant: Glass and PTFE/ fluoropolymer wetted part