Vena8 Fluoro+ Biochip
The Vena8 Fluoro+™ biochip is ideal for rolling and adhesion assays on protein coatings or cell monolayers. Ideal for thrombosis; whole blood assays. Compatible with immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy.
- Disposable plastic biochips for cell analysis of cells under shear flow including rolling and adhesion assays on protein coatings or cell monolayers.
- Immunofluorescence staining of living and fixed cells.
- Ideal for whole blood, primary cells, rare cells e.g. where samples are more difficult to retrieve or culture or only small sample volumes available.
- Perfect for high flow rates / high shear stresses e.g. platelet adhesion, aggregation and thrombi formation studies for thrombosis using whole blood. In standard flow chambers / perfusion chambers; significant volumes of blood would be required making the assay impossible.
- No assembly of the biochip is required unlike many standard perfusion chambers / flow chambers.
- No luer lock connections which increase dead volume. Cellix's biochips have a unique plug & play connection with tubing connections which are autoclaveable and reuseable.
Applications: Flow assays using minimal sample volumes (whole blood, cell suspensions, proteins etc.); immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy.
|Substrate thickness||0.17mm = 170μm|
|Substrate material||High quality plastic, compatible with immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy|
|Number of channels per biochip||8|
|Height of channels||0.1mm = 100μm|
|Width of channels||0.4mm = 400μm|
|Length of channels||28mm = 2.8cm|
|Volume of each channel||0.8μL|
|Volume of protein required for coating||10μL|
|Volume of reservoir to hold sample||0.1mL; also possible to connect via tubing to eppendorf if greater sample volume or high shear stress / flow rate assay is being performed|